- Course title
- Biomimetic Robot Navigation
- University / Organization
- Radboud University
- Course website (further registration info)
- The Netherlands
- Academic level
- Both Msc and PhD
- Donders Institute
- Course director
- Course lecturer(s)
- Tansu Celikel
Proffesor and Chair of Neurophysiology & Department Head
Department of Neurophysiology
Professor of Technical Computer Science &
Head of the Robotics Laboratory
Faculty of Technology and Bionics
- Course aim
- After this course you are able to:
- Describe how brain performs sensorimotor computations,
- Build your own robotic car and program it,
- Reproduce the brain’s sensorimotor computations in a robotic agent,
- Generalize the robotic control algorithms across contexts.
- Course contents / programme
- Would you like your mobile robot to navigate autonomously just like animals find their way in an unknown environment? Then come and join us in this Summer School to build your own robocar and teach it how to navigate without a map.
The Summer School consists of lectures and hands-on laboratory practicals. Morning sessions are devoted to classroom lectures that will provide you with in-depth information about biomimetic animal navigation and control algorithms. In the afternoon you will have hands-on practicals during which you will build your own robotic car and deploy navigation algorithms to get ready for a robotic navigation competition on Friday afternoon.
- Required Knowledge and preparation
- Teaching methods
- Starting month
- Course type
- Summer School
- Consecutive days
- Online course
- Duration (net days)
- 2 ECTS credits
- Course fee
- €780, 10-25% early bird + partner discount if you apply before March 1, 2019.
- Direct e-mail to register
- Paper submission required?
- - Motivation letter
- CV (including list of relevant prior coursework and grades)
- 1-2 reference letters (strongly recommended)
- Logo of institution
- front approval
Your feedback has been received.