- Course title
- Manipulation of NGS Data for Genomic and Population Genetics Analyses
- University / Organization
- Transmitting Science
- Course website (further registration info)
- Capellades (Barcelona)
- Academic level
- Both Msc and PhD
- Course director
- Course lecturer(s)
- Dr François Sabot (Institute of Research for Development, France)
Dr Christine Tranchant-Dubreuil (Institute of Research for Development, France)
- Course aim
- Course contents / programme
Monday, May 14th, 2018.
Introduction to NGS sequencing platforms.
Introduction to basic command lines.
Basic raw data manipulations (counting sequences, listing files).
Tuesday, May 15th, 2018.
Raw data QC & Cleaning.
Introduction to TOGGLe, a NGS pipeline framework.
Mapping: principle, tools, execution.
Mapping: cleaning, data control, realigning, duplicates marking.
Wednesday, May 16th, 2018.
SNP calling: raw calling, cleaning calling, filtering.
VCF manipulations: filtering on MAF, heterozygosity…
Impact of SNPs on genes.
Population genomics using sNMF.
Thursday, May 17th, 2018.
Piping large-scale analyses for multiple samples using TOGGLe.
Testing new tools and different conditions to answer different biological questions.
- Required Knowledge and preparation
- Teaching methods
- Starting month
- Course type
- Consecutive days
- Online course
- Duration (net days)
- May 14th-17th, 2018
- Course fee
- Direct e-mail to register
- Paper submission required?
- Logo of institution
- front approval
Your feedback has been received.